- New-Generation Frank Foti-designed Clipper
- Dynamics Engine
- Six Separate AGC Sections
- Five Separate Time-Aligned Limiters
- Variable Deep Bass, Phat Bass, and Warmth Enhancers
- Bass Pre-Clipper
- Clipper Silk AdjustmentOmnia VOLT is the latest triumph from the people who brought you the multiple-award-winning Omnia.11, the acclaimed Omnia.9, the power-packed Omnia 7, and the 13,000+ Omnia ONEs currently in service. But this is not just another audio processor. With VOLT, we have rewritten the rules for broadcast DSP, fine-tuning our algorithms and creating the world’s best-sounding, most powerful, incredibly versatile 1RU audio processor.
VOLT gives you more sonic performance and processing power in one rack unit than others give you in three. We invite you to compare this little dynamo against processors costing many thousands more.
- Nail Your Signature Sound Faster with QuickTweak™
Whether you are a processing novice or expert, Omnia VOLT gives you the tools to create a superior signature sound. Choose from some of the best factory presets available, designed by Omnia’s processing experts and by our favorite “insider” guest programmers. For those who want to push beyond stock presets, Omnia’s new QuickTweak system lets you fine-tune your sound quickly.
For experts, drill down into deeper parameter adjustments. Get exactly the processing you want, while you’re on the air, whether you’re at the front panel, or sitting in your car controlling VOLT over the web. Nobody knows processing like Omnia. We’ve designed QuickTweak based on our decades of experience and market leadership, algorithmically linking complex and interactive parameters to create a core set of “meta” controls.
- QuickTweak is easy to understand: You can tune it by ear, and hear the results instantly.
- QuickTweak’s six master controls allow millions of recallable variations, right from the front panel.
- You can use QuickTweak on the factory presets, or on your own custom presets.
- You can save your own settings after using QuickTweak to easily A/B compare preset modifications.
- Any preset can be adjusted with QuickTweak, or you can fine-tune using even deeper control layers. Presets can always be refined, then saved under a new title.
- Share presets by importing or exporting them with others in your company. Back-up preset files on common media.
- Total Versatility with DSP|Core Firmware
VOLT’s DSP|Core firmware modules rearrange and modify VOLT as your needs change. DSP|Cores aren’t extra cost add-ons! Download the functionality you need for free, install the DSP|Core firmware package from a connected computer, and reboot. It’s that simple.
- Use VOLT for FM Analog Stereo at the station, with high-quality baseband clipping to feed uncompressed STLs, or at the transmitter, with dual composite outputs.
- Use VOLT for AM Broadcast, with purpose-built presets for the challenges of AM radio. VOLT’s Tunable Asymmetrical Modulation and Tilt controls help you get modern results, even from older transmitters!
- Use VOLT for Studio and Program Production or Syndication. It comes with the tools and presets you need for modern production styles.
- Use VOLT for HD/DAB/DRM/Web Streaming. Our exclusive Sensus algorithms reduce compression artifacts even at low bitrates.
- Use VOLT as a standalone FM Stereo Generator at the transmitter for direct connection to transmitters.
- Use VOLT for low-latency FM Stereo to comply with local regulations, using a high-efficiency clipper that’s optimized for this kind of broadcast
- New-Generation Frank Foti-designed Clipper. The latest most advanced thinking on clipper design from a processing legend.
- Dynamics Engine designed by Senior Algorithm Developer Cornelius Gould.
- Six Separate AGC Sections. One wideband, plus five separate time-aligned multi-band sections, each with separate controls for every important parameter. Plus a tunable mid-band crossover. Give your station the loudness and consistent sound it deserves!
- Five Separate Time-Aligned Limiters, each with separate Drive, Hold, Threshold, and Attack/ Decay. They give you protection against overmodulation while maintaining a loud signature sound.
- Variable Deep Bass, Phat Bass, and Warmth Enhancers. Get that meaty Omnia sound, fine-tuned the way you want.
- Bass Pre-Clipper. Fully adjustable with Tightness and Girth controls. You’ll have strong, listenerpleasing bass without worrying about intermodulation distortion.
- Clipper Silk Adjustment. If your format is prone to treble distortion, you can add just enough Silk to clean up those high frequencies.
- Sensus Processing for Digital Program streams. Omnia’s exclusive Sensus algorithms actually predict how HD, DRM, or multicasting data reduction will affect your sound. They precondition your signal, making compression sound better—even at low bitrates.
- Adjustable BS-412 Threshold and Processing for full compliance with ITU standards.
- Stereo Enhancement for FM Analog, without Adding Multipath. You’ll get a wider, more exciting signal that jumps out of listeners’ radios.
- Variable High-Pass and Switchable Phase Rotator. Those ultra- low frequencies, too low to be perceived as bass by listeners, won’t rob you of on-air power.
- Automatic Mono “Dry Voice” Sensing. Ideal for FM Analog Stereo stations using extreme processing: it keeps an extra hand on the clipper, to stop distortion when the L+R channel gets boosted by mono signals.
- Totally Flexible Signal Path. Use analog, AES/EBU digital, or Livewire® AoIP inputs; analog, AES/EBU digital, Livewire, or composite outputs. Adjust channel balance and correct polarity separately on each input. Save and recall input/output setups for different applications. All outputs are always active, regardless of input type.
- Switchable Insert Points for Voltair®, Watermark Encoders, or Other Downstream Encoding. Optimize your airchain and eliminate the need for external pre-processing! You can feed encoders with a pre-processed signal from VOLT’s multiband AGC and limiters so your encoder sees a stronger, more reliable signal. Then feed the encoder’s output back into VOLT, for post-encoding clipping that protects you against overmodulation.